NOTE: This information is gathered from different sources over internet few days back, and i dont remember the sources yet. Copyrighted material is belongs to the actual owner, and i don’t own this information.
Web Design Guidelines
- Web Designs can be created in any designing application, as it is not necessary to use the vectors or the simple jpegs.
- Best approach for creating web designs is to work on Adobe Photoshop, as it is easy to maintain the layers.
- Important to note that we should aim for less download time for the all the pages.
- Use the image format according to requirements in this order. JPEG, GIF, and PNG as last.
- Gather the information for the website layout from the client.
Web Page Template
- Select a design theme and pattern
- All images and layouts should be 72 DPI and use the RGB colorspace.
- Include a site color palette example with the layout. Below is an example of a color palette. When creating a webpage layout, knock up the design grid first in Illustrator, then a color palette on a hidden layer for fast color selection.
- Keep site consistent throughout. Don’t have a different background color on every page, or a different navigation scheme. Try to have at least one small icon or logo on every page on your site, somewhere at the top preferably, so that people will know they are still at your site.